n the MGP32X, Yamaha has taken a fresh approach toward the utilization of digital technologies in an analog mixer, giving you intuitive, analog-style control over sophisticated DSP functions. One thing we love about analog gear is the direct and hands-on operation, and the MGP32X keeps this feel consistent throughout the design, giving you tons of functionality but with a simple, familiar feel.
Analog warmth, digital sophistication
With the Yamaha MGP32X, you get the best of both worlds: analog warmth and digital sophistication. Yamaha’s D-PRE discrete Class A microphone preamps sport an inverted Darlington circuit design, and they sound amazing. You know those vintage equalizers you love the sound of? Yamaha engineers studied them and built all that tasty goodness into their X-pressive EQ circuit, so you get the warmth and musicality of the originals, without the noise. Intelligent 1-knob compressors let you add optimally set compression to a wide variety of input sources. There’s much more under the bonnet, but suffice to say that this mixer sounds great, in addition to being incredibly easy to operate.
The Stereo Hybrid channel is analog and digital
Beneath the analog-style knobs of the MGP32X lies a sophisticated digital control system. This fortunate union combines traditional analog feel with the functionality that only digital can offer. The MGP32X gives you powerful DSP that delivers three essential features that are staples of both installed and live sound applications. Each of these functions (Priority Ducker, Leveler, and Stereo Image) is readily accessible at the touch of a button. With its mid-sweep, 3-band EQ, and high-performance converters, the Stereo Hybrid channel delivers unique functionality and amazing sound.
FX, EQ, and more
Yamaha’s MG series consoles are packed with uber-cool features to make your life on the road a cakewalk. The MGP32X boasts two separate studio-grade effects processors: Yamaha’s excellent REV-X reverb with three high-resolution ‘verbs and the acclaimed SPX digital multi-effects processor, which gives you an eminently useable selection of 16 advanced digital effects. The MGP32X also features new 31-band graphic equalizer processing on the stereo bus. Flex9GEQ and 14-band GEQ modes let you execute precise, detailed equalization for demanding professional applications.
Built for serious professional use
Starting with its all-metal chassis that’s contoured for optimal convection cooling, the Yamaha MGP32X is built for serious professional use. It’s packed with thoughtful pro features such as an internal universal power supply that lets you plug in with confidence in any region with 100V to 240V power. In true Yamaha fashion, the MGP32X will take all the abuse your road schedule can dish out – and then some.
- Stereo Hybrid channel is a new way of approaching sound reinforcement in the digital age
- Priority Ducker lets a microphone to take priority over another sound source automatically
- Leveler “auto levels” tracks from a sound source that varies in volume
- Stereo Image seamlessly narrows the spectrum, so widespread audiences hear an accurate mix
- REV-X reverb gives you 3 incredible-sounding, high-resolution reverbs
- Yamaha’s acclaimed SPX digital multi-effects processor with 16 advanced digital effects
- New 31-band graphic equalizer processing on the stereo bus
- USB port to connect your iPod or iPhone for easy playback with a single connection
- Metal chassis for rugged professional durability
- Internal universal power supply lets you plug in with confidence in any region with 100V to 240V